Having a weather station in your house has become a must these days. As it fulfills quite a lot of needs, why people won’t consider getting one?
The market of weather stations is filled with a lot of brands. But Acurite is one of the brands in this market that actually stands out. They have been in the market for quite some time and they are smoothly serving the customers.
But there is one thing that’s constant and that is human-made things can never be free of issues, no matter how well they are manufactured. Though Acurite is a reputed company, they aren’t free of defects either. That’s why, in this article, we will be talking about some of the most common problems with the Acurite weather stations and their solutions.
Our purpose is to serve you in this regard and we will give it a good shot. So, without taking any more time, let’s dive in.
Acurite Weather Station Troubleshooting
Resetting the Acurite 5-in-1 Weather Station Troubleshooting
We will start off with one of the most basic things and that is resetting or restarting the weather station. However, to do that-
- Remove batteries from both display units and sensors.
- Now, on of the units, go on with changing the A-B-C buttons. After that, press and hold the reset button for 20 seconds straight.
- Put the batteries inside the sensor again.
- Put the batteries back in the display units and press and hold the reset button for 20 seconds.
- Now, place both the sensor and display units 2 feet apart from each other and wait until there you get to see a strong signal.
If you go through any sort of display-related issues, resetting the display can be a good solution. To do that-
- Bring both the display and the sensor from the outside.
- Bring out the batteries from the sensor.
- Press the gear button. This will lead you to the display menu. Use the top up-down button to select “Sensor”.
- After pressing “Sensor” you will find the “Remove a Sensor” option. Select that and remove the sensor.
- The display will get back to the previous page. You will have to press the gear button so that you get to the main menu again.
- Use the top up-down button again to get to “Factory Reset”. Select that and factory reset the display.
- After that the display will restart by itself and lead you to the Acurite logo screen.
Acurite Weather Station Thermometer Is Not Working
There are quite a few reasons why the thermometer may not work. One of the reasons can be related to the batteries. Maybe the batteries in it are dead. So, check that first. There can be another reason behind it and that is maybe the thermometer is not calibrated the way it should be. To do that, follow the instruction manual.
If none of the above solutions fails to do the job, maybe it’s time to replace the thermometer. However, consulting with an expert is recommended before making any replacement decision.
There can be any form of reason behind outdoor temperature not working properly. However, if you are facing this, check if the batteries are properly installed or not. Also, check if the thermometer is properly plugged in or not. If the problem is still there, try placing the thermometer somewhere else as it may fix this issue. If that doesn’t work out, you may have to go with a replacement.
Acurite Weather Station Sensor Is Not Working
If the sensor of your weather station is not working properly, go restart it. But if the problem is major, restarting won’t help. You will have to reach out to a professional in this regard.
To sync both the sensor and the display-
- Bring both the display and the sensor and bring out the batteries or unplug the power cord.
- Change the A-B-C to both the units to a newer A-B-C channel. After that, press the reset button and hold it that way for at least 20 seconds.
- Insert the batteries inside the sensors.
- After interesting the batteries, check if the red light on the sensor light up or not. It will light up within 18 seconds approximately and it can’t stay that way continuously.
- Insert the batteries into the display and soon after that press the reset button and hold it for 20 seconds.
- Now, keep both the units that way but a bit apart from each other for at least 5 minutes or keep it that way until you get to see a solid signal.
However, if the issue is still there, call an expert.
To get rid of this problem, first, check if you have set any alarms before. If yes, stop it. Or check if there is any other wireless radio frequency device nearby because it can detect that thus as a result it will keep beeping. You will have to deactivate any one of the devices to solve this.
Otherwise, open the back cover of the weather station. There you will find a black wire. Cut that and the problem is solved.
Yes, you will have to cut the cord because there is actually no other way to fix this.
There are two ways to change the time zone- with the app and with the website. We will get to know about both the ways.
If you found the rain gauge not working properly then-
- Check if the A-B-C switch in the compartment of the battery of both the display and sensor are configured with the same letter.
- Move the display and the sensor to a newer location.
- Both the units have to be placed at least 3 feet away from any other electronic device.
- Check if the batteries are working or not. Use alkaline batteries and using rechargeable or heavy-duty batteries aren’t recommended. However, if you change the batteries, approximately it will take 5 minutes for both display and the sensor to sync.
- Make sure to put the rain collector on a flat surface to get accurate results.
- Make sure the rain collector isn’t placed in a lower area.
- If there is dirt, clean it because dirt doesn’t let a rain gauge work properly.
If the wind speed doesn’t work-
- There is a chance of wind cups shifting out of place while shipping. Bring the wind cups down away from the wind vane until it clicks on the right place.
- Within 1-2 minutes, it will start registering. You may also need to perform a hard reset.
- Make sure the connections are secure. Bring out the batteries from both the sensor and the winding assembly.
- Then you have to unplug the connector and after unplugging, keep it that way.
- Then connect the connectors again and install the winding assembly as it was.
- Insert the batteries into the sensor again.
- Within 1-2 minutes the wind speed will begin to register. You have to perform a hard reset.
If you are going through this issue-
- Make sure to check if the sensor is transmitting correctly or not.
- Remove the batteries or the power cords from the weather station, keep it that way for 2 minutes, and plug it again.
If the problem is still there, call a professional.
To do that-
- Go to the settings menu.
- After that, select the option “pair with phone”
- Next, the app will be opened in a browser and ask you to grant permission. After pressing “Yes” it will send a notification to the device and once you pressed “Yes” from that device, the job is done.
Now that we have talked about some of the most common problems that people come across with their Acurite weather stations, we will move to some frequently asked questions. So-
The transmitter of my Acurite weather station is not working. What should I do?
Ans: Well, fixing a transmitter isn’t an easy task and you need to go to a professional for that.
Do Acurite make humidity sensors?
Ans: Yes, they do.
How to reset the Acurite 00592w2 model weather station?
Ans: We have talked about the resetting process at the beginning of this article. Check that out. However, the solution also works for models like 02010, 3n1txca2, 02064c, 1099rx, 00592tx, 06100m, 1097 etc.
Why my Acurite weather station thermometer blink?
Ans: Well, the thermometer can blink if the thermometer is not calibrated the it should be. So calibrate it properly. To do that, point it to an accurate thermometer and keep on pressing the button for 3 seconds at the same time.
Is sensor replacement a good move?
Ans: If your sensor is completely damaged or unable to function then it is obviously a good move to go with replacing the old sensors with new ones.
What does “No Signal” mean?
Ans: This means that the sensor didn’t get any reading for last 60 seconds. The most common reason is that the battery ran out of charge. So replace that. If the problem is still there, call an expert.
And…that’s it. We are at the latter part now. That was our take on the Acurite weather station troubleshooting write-up.
This was a research-based writing and the whole process was a bit toilsome. We genuinely hope that this article may somehow benefit you. Because you get benefitted from it, our hard work will pay off.
Thank you very very much for being with us. Wishing you all the very best.
Other Weather Station‘s Troubleshooting: