Dissection of some robot vacuum cleaner problems along with Samsung POWERbot troubleshooting
Over time every household appliance tends to show some errors in function. You might have some issues with your Samsung robotic vacuum unit as well. Here, we have compiled some of the most common issues regarding the Samsung powerbot troubleshooting, as well as some other robotic vacuum units.
Samsung POWERbot Troubleshooting
Does Not Clean After Docking
When the power of the unit registers at low, it should be docked to be charged up. Sometimes it is seen that the unit does not resume cleaning after charging. In that case, follow the procedure described below to troubleshoot this issue. But before that, ensure that the repeat button is turned off in your powerbot.
- Step 1: Turn off the main power switch that is placed under the unit.
- Step 2: Wait for 20 seconds before turning on the switch.
- Step 3: Now start cleaning after pressing the auto button.
The Unit Shows a Code or Exclamation Point on The Unit
If you are facing this issue, try doing the following
The powerbot is caught or trapped: switch off the emergency switch and then, place the powerbot in a different area.
Co1 to c04; a foreign object might be stuck in the brush or wheels: in this case, switch off the emergency button and remove the object.
Co5; bumper sensor requires a check: this has a simple remedy, turn the unit off and back on.
C06 or c07; cliff or obstacle sensor needs a cleanup: you need to clean off the dirt from the sensors using a soft cloth. But before that, make sure you switch off the emergency switch.
Samsung POWERbot Cannot Charge
If you find this issue, check if the unit has power. If you find the emergency switch is turned off, then switch it on. Do not forget to check the battery indicator as well. If the indicator shows in full charge, the unit will not charge any further.
Samsung POWERbot Remote Will Not Work
When you are having issues like this, apply the following steps-
- Step 1: Replace the batteries in the remote. Try inserting the batteries again.
- Step 2: Using a camera, check the IR signal of the remote. Both digital and phone cameras will work fine for this. You can point the remote towards your camera and press various buttons. If you find the remote sending the signal the screen will show a colored light from the remote. The camera is important here as the infrared light is not visible to the naked human eye.
Samsung POWERbot Cannot Recognize Your Wi-Fi
If you find your powerbot with this issue, try checking your wireless router’s settings. You might need to reset the Wi-Fi network to troubleshoot the issue.
First, identify the source plug of the router and unplug it. Wait for at least 30 seconds before plugging on. Then reset the router and try reconnecting it with the powerbot.
If this still does not work, you might need to reset the wireless antennae of your powerbot. For further intricate details, ask for expert assistance.
Weak Suction of Your POWERbot
The indications of weak suction of your powerbot can be like these-
- Increasing noise: A significant increase in noise can be an indicator of poor suction. To prevent that, turn the emergency switch on and clear the container/dustbin.
- Filter inspection indicator: If you find the filter indicator to be turned on, switch off the emergency switch, and clean the container. If dust is accumulated in the bin too much, it weakens the suction power, resulting in weak performance.
- Blocked intake: If the bottom of the powerbot is blocked by some object, that prevents the powerbot to suction all the dust and dirt. That is why you need to switch off the emergency switch and remove that object hindering the powerbot.
Troubleshooting of some other robotic vacuum units
Deik Robot Vacuum Troubleshooting
If you are having any issues with your Deik robot vacuum cleaner, you can start by checking the belts and drive system. What you need to do is to take a look at the brush belt and the driveline that operates the unit. This might be worn off or broken. If so, it needs to be replaced with a new one. You can order directly from the manufacturer that matches the particular model or series of yours. You may also find them in an array of the price range, and choose the one that is most compatible with the wear time of your vacuum unit and budget.
iLife Robot Vacuum Troubleshooting
If you find your life robot vacuum cleaner not performing well, and the belts and batteries seem to be working fine, you might need to reset the entire system. First, disconnect all the power sources from the vacuum unit. Remove the battery as well. Now, press down the power button for 30 to 60 seconds. This will reset the data stored on its memory. This will clean out any disrupting data or codes to prevent the malfunction. After you have finished with the process, insert a new set of batteries inside the vacuum unit, and turn it on. You can then reprogram your unit as per the previous setting, or a new suitable one. Keep in mind that, the reset will leave your unit in a factory setting and erase all the previous data.
Sometimes, the drive motor of a vacuum unit might be the issue behind the malfunction. If your unit has a replaceable motor, then you can easily order one from the manufacturer and replace it. You can take resort to the manuals and repair guides on various websites. These are usually done in very simple steps. You do not need to go through too many complicated processes.
Shark Robot Vacuum Troubleshooting
Sometimes it is seen in this shark robot vacuum is that the robot does not collect the dust or debris from the floor. The unit moves around the house, but it cannot pick up any debris. There might be three reasons for this issue.
- Dirty side brush: If you find the side brush of the vacuum unit to be dirty, or hair and other build-up are stuck at the base, you need to clean that up to ensure smooth function. First, remove the brushes from the bottom of the machine. Then clean the dust and buildups from the bristles using a damp cloth. If you find the bristles to be quite old and worn off, replacing them might be a good solution to make your vacuum unit long-lasting.
- Dirty main brush: Similar to the dirty side brushes, the dirt buildups on the main brush can also prevent the unit from proper cleaning. Regularly check the condition of your main brush, remove the dust and debris as frequently as possible. To clean the brush, cleaning bristles, and cap properly, use a microfiber cleaning cloth. And again, if you find the bristles to be worn off, try replacing the brush.
- Faulty brush motors: Sometimes, when the brushes are in clean and maintained condition, it is the faulty motors that obstruct the smooth function. Check the brush and motors carefully before purchasing a new motor. Look for the clean brushes, and check if the brush rotates when the unit is turned on. The key identifying factor is whether or not the brush moves around. If the brush stays still even after switching on the unit, then the brush motor might need a replacement.
Another common problem with this shark robot vacuum is that the error light indicators do not function. When you find the following issues-
- All led lights are off: This happens either when the robot is turned off, or when it is run out of charge. So, you need to switch on the power at first and see if it powers on. If it does not, then you need to let it charge up at the charging dock.
- Flashing clean red and “i” together: This is an indication of suction motor failure. To fix this, remove any sort of blockage or buildup, and then clean the filters. Look for any hindrance that might be preventing the suction.
- Flashing clean red or max light: This code shows up when the unit is stuck or jammed at some bumper or any other surface. You can fix it by relocating the machine and check the bumper. If you find the light to flash continuously, try removing the caster wheel and clean the wheel housing.
- Dock light flashing: You might see this signal when the botboundary sensors of the robot malfunctions. You might need to seek customer service to resolve this issue.
- Clean red and dock lights flashing together: This is a sign of cliff sensor malfunction. This can simply be handled by cleaning the cliff sensors.
- Clean red and max light flashing together: This sign shows up when the dust bin is not inserted or misplaced. Thus, simply put the bin in the proper place or just adjust it correctly.
- Max and “i” flashing together: When either of the side brush is stuck somewhere, his signal shows up. You might
Besides all these issues with the shark robot vacuum unit, you also might experience some irregular movement of your machine. This usually happens due to multiple reasons. Some of them are as follows-
- Dirty or worn out wheels: If the drive wheels or caster wheels have dirt, hair, or other objects stuck on them, this prevents them from cleaning up the floors effortlessly. In that case, you might need to think about replacing the wheels.
- Dirty sensors: The dirty sensors also cause trouble to let the vacuum move smoothly. Similar to cleaning the other parts of the units, use a microfiber cloth (dry) to clean the sensors around the bumper and the bottom of the robot.
- Worn out motors: Usually, the robot moves less smoothly on a carpeted surface. But if you find that your vacuum unit is having a tough time to move even on the smooth, hard floor, that might be a sign of a weak and worn out motor.
Similar to disability to vacuum, sometimes the robot also stops moving after a certain time. To prevent this freezing issue, go through the following process for remedy-
- Ensure that the unit has an adequate level of charge in the battery to perform without disruption.
- Check if the wheels are free from any obstacles or any kind of hindrance.
- If the main brush is clogged or stuck with various objects, that will hinder a smooth operation.
- Weak or worn out drive motors will slow down the performance of your cleaning bot. Thus, inspect the condition of the motors, and get a replacement if necessary.
Neato Robot Vacuum Troubleshooting
Starting with a well-known issue with the Neato robot vacuum cleaners is that the battery cannot hold a full charge state. To troubleshoot this, you need to recalibrate the battery. For that-
- Get the main menu from the LCD screen, press support, and then the new battery.
- Place your unit next to the docking station and let the battery to charge fully. Then remove the unit from the charging station.
- Press the start button after the battery is fully charged.
- When the unit shows “cleaning complete” on the screen, press the start button. This will start a new cycle.
- Keep on cleaning with this until it shows a “battery low” sign.
- Then let it charge again, and use it as usual.
Often the users say that their neato vacuum robots cannot clean on a schedule. You can check and troubleshoot this by doing as following-
- Ensure fully charged robot, the clock should display 0.00 at the screen. Reset the clock.
- Select the menu from the display, choose the “set clock” option.
- Use the up and down arrows to reset the time and date.
Usually, almost all the vacuum cleaning bots can be troubleshot the basic problems by deploying some basic methods and procedure. Most of them can be simply done by following some user manual and repairing guide. Thus, keeping such manuals as well as the contact of your trusted experts or customer services of the manufacturer can come in handy when you need an emergency solution to any malfunction of your vacuum robots.