Shark Ion robots are currently the top choice after the Roombas. And why not? Who wouldn’t like an almost similar robot vacuum paying almost half the price?
Anyway, these devices might show symptoms often. I decorated this article trying to solve most of them.
Shark Ion Robot Troubleshooting
How to reset Shark Ion robot
We all might face some troubles with our Shark Ion Robot Vacuum. Some problems could be easily solved by just resetting your vacuum. These simple problems might leave you baffled and make you run to a professional mechanic. This will cost you a lot of money and could waste your valuable time.
To save your precious time and money, you may try resetting the vacuum. it is admitted by most of the tech guys that, resetting your vacuums could solve almost 80% of your problem. So if you are facing a hard time working with your vacuum, you should try a factory reset.
When should you reset your vacuum?
There are a few moments when your vacuum gets stuck or totally stops working. At that moment you should try factory reset before running into a maintenance store. The problems are listed below.
- When your vacuum is not connecting to your wifi network
- When there are software issues or the vacuum is suffering from malfunctions. These software issues could be:
- If you see your Shark Ion Robot is not loading the launcher
- If you see the Shark Ion Robot is deleting the preset schedule automatically
- When you notice the vacuum is cleaning not accurately
- When you are thinking about selling your Shark Ion Robot Vacuum to a new customer. It is better to reset the vacuum, and erase all the preset commands, schedules and, data before handing it over to another user.
The process to perform Reset on Shark Ion Vacuum Cleaner
You can perform the reset in 2 ways. They are mainly:
- Factory Reset using the App
- Factory Reset via the Shark Ion Robot
Factory Reset using the App: This is the most renowned way to perform a factory reset on your Shark Ion Robot Vacuum. This reset option will remove the vacuum robot from the app and will do the same with any saved data from your cloud. To perform this reset procedure you need to follow the below steps.
- First, check if your device and Shark Ion Robot is connected to the same wifi networks
- Now open the app
- Go to your device’s Settings option, and search for the “Factory Reset” option.
- After finding Factory Reset, tap on it
Factory Reset using the Shark Ion Robot: This is another reset procedure that you can perform. You need to perform this particular procedure when you are unable to connect with your existing wifi network. In this process, you have to perform a factory reset on your Shark Ion Robot. This is an easy and simple resetting process. This process requires you to follow the below steps
First, look for the on/off switch on below of the Shark Ion Robot
Press the on/off button for a couple of moments (approximately 10 seconds) until it turns off
After the vacuum shuts off properly, wait for a couple of moment
After a while turn the vacuum on again
By the above-mentioned steps resetting and rebooting of your Shark Ion Robot should be completed.
Shark Ion robot not charging
This problem happens mainly for some reason. The main reasons that are obstructing your shark ion robot from charging are as follows:
- Check the Power Source: You have to make sure that, the charging cable and dock are fully plugged into the wall outlet or any other power source. Check if the power source is okay and switched on.
- Make sure it is properly docked: When your robot is plugged into a power source or docked, make sure that, it is fully docked. Check, if any debris is obstructing it from docking appropriately.
- Check the robot’s battery: Check if your device’s battery is okay. If the battery is not holding at or near the specified charge time, you may need to replace the Battery.
Shark Ion robot won’t connect to wifi
We might face a few difficulties while connecting our shark robot with the existing home network. Especially when we have just bought a new robot vacuum, it may take a while to connect to your home wifi network. Yes, we all know that this is so annoying. To solve this problem you need to follow certain steps. They are:
Reset and restart your router
Check if your wifi frequency is sending the recommended frequency around or not. Some robot vacuums are compatible with only 2.4 GHz while others are compatible with both 2.4GHz and 5GHz.
Shark Ion robot keeps stopping
So many people have talked about this problem. This is a common problem. There is a simple solution to this problem.
If your robot vacuum keeps stopping just try to check your vacuum before running into a mechanic shop.
- Step 1: Open up the vacuum by unscrewing it.
- Step 2: Check the yellow square tip that spins the brush roll. There is a chance that you could find dirt inside and your gear is wrapped with dust or your pet hair. Clean the dust and dog hair from the brush hair.
- Step 3: if you look carefully, you will notice that the yellow square cap is removable. Take off the main brush roll and remove the yellow square cap. You can remove it easily without dismantling or harming the vacuum.
- Step 4: Dump some oil on top of the metal of the gear bearing. It is possible that the bearing could dry out by the dust. These dried-out gears are hard to turn and cause motor overwork. Which causes the shutoff of the robots.
Shark Ion Robot isn’t turning on
There are many reasons for which the shark ion robots suffer to turn on. There are certain things to check while you are having problems turning on your vacuums. These things are listed below.
- Check if the vacuum is plugged in correctly: Check if your vacuum is plugged correctly into the wall outlet or not. If it is not plugged incorrectly it will not turn on. This is why you need to check the cord first, to ensure that it is correctly plugged into the outlet.
- Check the Circuit breaker/fuse: Vacuums may require a lot of power when it is turned on for the first time. You need to make sure that the outlet breaker has not been tripped. If the breaker is tripped, press the reset button on the outlet. If there is no reset button on the outlet, find your circuit breaker panel and reset the outlet. You will find your circuit breaker panel in the basement.
- Check the on/off switch: Check the on/off switch. If the on/off switch is off, simply turn the switch to “on”.
Shark Ion robot schedule not working
Sometimes Shark Ion robots don’t seem to abide by their schedule. They seem to start cleaning at an odd hour ignoring the previously scheduled time frame. This problem is very annoying. This problem mainly happens for a few reasons
- Maybe your vacuum robot’s software is malfunctioning
- Maybe the Shark ion robot app is not sending the command properly
To solve these problems you need to do such things
Try resetting the robot vacuum: scheduling problem mainly happens if there is any problem with the vacuum. When your vacuum is not working according to the schedule then try a factory reset. We have discussed earlier in this article about resetting robot vacuum. You can reset the vacuum according to that procedure.
Reinstall and reschedule the vacuum by using the app: If you use your vacuum with the mobile app then try to reinstall the app. Delete the previously installed app and reinstall the app. After installing the app try to reschedule your vacuum by the app.
Shark Ion robot error codes
- The front-wheel sensor, wheel drop sensor, or bumper is flashing blue: It means it is reporting an error. Make sure your robot can move freely. Move it to a new location on a level surface. Make sure the front bumper is not stuck.
- “Clean” lights continue to flash blue: Try to remove the front wheel and clean the wheel cavity.
- The “Spot” button (right side below the “Clean” button) is flashing blue: It means the unit cannot move due to surface or obstruction. You need to move the robot to a new location.
- “Dock” and “Spot” button is blinking blue one after another: it means a side brush is stuck. You need to remove debris from side brushes.
- “Dock” and “Spot” button is blinking together at a time: It means something is stuck in the main brush roll. You need to remove the obstruction.
- The “Clean” button is blinking red light: this is trying to tell you that there is an error in cliff sensors. Wipe the cliff sensors with a clean cloth or paper towel.
- The “Clean” button is blinking red and a red “!” light is showing on the top left: This indicates that your charger is experiencing an issue. Make sure that you are using the correct AC Adapter that came with your robot.
- The “Clean” button is showing a still red light: This means the dust bin is removed and you need to re-insert the dust bin.
Shark Ion robot app not working
This problem can be solved easily. What you need to do is
- Step 1: Remove the existing vacuum robot from the app.
- Step 2: Then press the “+” button to add the vacuum robot again.
- Step 3: Press and hold both the “Dock” and “Spot/Max” buttons until you hear the beep. The wifi light on the robot will also begin to blink. By this process, you will add the robot just like the first time again.
- Step 4: Connect your phone to the robot wifi network. It will automatically be returned to the app. Then select your home wifi network displayed by the app.
- Step 5: Enter the password and if the connection fails, try again.
If you still face a problem with your app, try resetting the robot vacuum. Hope I was able to solve your shark ion robot’s problem. Let me know if you face any other issues or above-mentioned solutions didn’t work.