If a premium smartwatch like Fitbit Versa 2 is not syncing properly to the other devices and apps, then it can’t track your daily activities and won’t receive any notifications. Moreover, you can’t transfer data from your watch to your account. In this situation, it is just a regular digital watch.
Is your Fitbit Versa 2 not syncing? If yes, then you are at the right place to get a complete troubleshooting guideline to fix this problem.
Needless to say, if you are using other models of Fitbit Versa 2, 3, or even lite, this article will be helpful to get a solution. Let’s see how to do it and what to do.
Fitbit Versa 2 Not Syncing – Troubleshooting Guide
Reasons your Fitbit versa won’t sync
Before you troubleshoot your Fitbit Versa syncing issue, you need to know its reason. There are multiple reasons for this syncing problem. What are they?
If your Fitbit versa is not compatible with ou mobile or any devices, it’s not going to sync. And this is the most common reason for this issue. For both iPhone and Android, it has a compatibility list.
If your Fitbit versa is connected with multi-devices, then this syncing error with one dedicated device happens. For example, your device is associated with your android phone and computer. In that case, when your device is nearby, you may see this error.
Bluetooth Connection Error
Sometimes, it may happen that your device is not connecting Bluetooth, or if it is connected, but still, it’s not syncing.
Why does it happen? It happens when your mobile can’t find your Fitbit device. It is actually the issue of the device IP algorithm. When your mobile Bluetooth is on, and all day when you travel to many places, it gets in contact with other Bluetooth devices. And it accumulated so many IPs. For this reason, this Bluetooth connection error happens.
However, from different forums we get to know, this Bluetooth connection error occurs mostly on Fitbit versa lite and 3.
For long-term connectivity and performance of different features, your Fitbit versa may have some screen glitches. Your display may look like this,
In that case, your device may run slow or hang to perform. And no syncing to the mobile app is also a sign of this glitch.
Issue With Apps or Software
Your mobile apps or the Fitbit software may be responsible for this not syncing problem. If you face the situation after an update, then the updated firmware is responsible for such a bug.
Update failed issue, Don’t worry. Watch the video. Thank me later.
All Fitbit versa problems will be addressed in this tutorial. You don’t have to worry about it. Regardless of the versa model you have, the technique is the same.
We’ll go over the answers to the following questions:
Fitbit versa 2 not syncing issue
Fitbit versa 3 not syncing issue
Fitbit versa lite not syncing issue
Troubleshooting of Fitbit Versa 2 Not Syncing
It’s time to troubleshoot your Fitbit Versa syncing issue. However, all the following steps will work with all the versa models. Follow these instructions accordingly.
Ensure Device Is Compatible
It is very crucial to check whether your Fitbit versa is compatible with your mobile, laptop, or the Android version. To know that-
- Either you contact the Fitbit customer support.
- Or check the product manual or specification details.
For example, almost all the Fitbit Versa are compatible with-
- Android Version 10 and the latest
- IOS 13.4 and the latest
- Windows 8.1 and the latest
Disconnect And Connect
If your Fitbit Versa is connected with multiple devices, then disconnect from each of the devices. After a few minutes, connect to the dedicated devices. Moreover, for better performance, connecting with one device is best.
Fix Bluetooth Settings
As you know, Bluetooth error connection is another cause for the syncing issue. So fixing the Bluetooth setting is the main thing to do.
- Turn off your Bluetooth for around 10 minutes.
- Have a restart.
- Turn on again.
- And pair your watch
Moreover, if your watch is paired with your laptop and mobile but not getting connected with the app, then-
- Unpair your Fitbit versa from the list.
- Turn off Bluetooth and after a while, Turn on
- Then pair your Fitbit device with a mobile or other devices.
Solve The Fitbit App Issue
To solve the Fitbit mobile app issue, you just need to reinstall the app. All you need to do are-
- Uninstall the app and then reinstall.
- Restart your phone and watch
- Turn on the Bluetooth
- Pair your device
- Open the Fitbit Mobile App
- Add your account and get connected
- Set all the settings properly as per your preference
Restart/Reset Fitbit Versa
When there are so many internal program junks accumulated in your device, then to clear all glitches, either you can restart your Varsa device or reset it.
To learn about Fitbit Versa Reset Process, check our article “Fitbit Versa Reset: Instruction And Troubleshooting Guide“.
Contact The Customer Service
Finally, last but not least, when you are totally unable to sync your Fitbit watch with other devices, contact customer service. They will provide further instructions to follow.
Related: Fitbit Versa screen not working
Other Sync Issues With Fitbit Versa And Troubleshooting
There are some other types of problems related to Versa syncing. In this part, we will know about those issues and the process of fixing them.
Not Recieve Notification
What if your Fitbit device synced, but you don’t receive any notifications. The probable reasons for this problem are –
Versa Device Settings
So, fix all the settings accordingly.
Setup Phone Settings
- First, check Bluetooth is on.
- Then, ensure “Do Not Disturb” is off from settings.
- Allow the receive notification option from the settings. Ensure “Show In History” and “Allow Notification” are turned on for the phone, message, and calendar notification. To get all the text notifications on the phone, you have to turn on the “Show on Lock Screen” and also the “Show as Banner”.
Setup Notification In The Fitbit Mobile App
- Tap on the Account from the Fitbit app.
- Tap on the notification following the onscreen instructions
- Turn on/off the notification categories based on your preference.
- To access other third-party apps notification, tap on the App Notification and choose your app.
Setup Fitbit Device Notification
- Press the back button of your versa device and hold for some seconds. Then swipe left to access the device’s quick settings on the screen. Ensure you are able to receive all the phone’s notifications.
Clock Not Syncing
If, after syncing your Fitbit device, you still face issues with clock/time update, that means you didn’t set the “Automatic Time” from the App Advanced Settings or phone settings.
To fix this-
- Open the Fitbit app.
- Tap on the account icon.
- Scroll down to select the “Advanced Settings”.
- Set the “Automatic Time” from all options.
Showing Message “Data Not Cleared, Sync & Try Again”
With Fitbit Versa 2 a very common issue is the sudden stop syncing. And when a user tries to restart, it shows “Data not cleared, sync & try again” with a large X. To fix this error-
- First, unpair your Versa 2 device from the mobile’s Bluetooth.
- Force leave the Fitbit mobile app.
- Turn off your mobile’s Bluetooth.
- Turn off the mobile and after 1-2 minutes, turn it on.
- Turn on your mobile’s Bluetooth.
- Setup your Fitbit Versa 2 again as if it is your new watch.
- Restart your device (if there is a connection error).
Date & Time Not Syncing
If you don’t set your timezone, the date and time will not update according to your location. To do so-
- Open the Fitbit mobile app.
- Tap on the Account.
- Go to the “Advanced Settings”.
- There, you will get the timezone settings to set up.
- Then, sync your device again to make all the changes effective.
Weather App Not Syncing
After syncing with the app and phone, if you find Fitbit is not providing weather updates, it means it has setting issues. This is not going to work even after a reset if you don’t set it up properly.
- Open the app.
- Go to the Account > Apps.
- Scroll down and find the Weather app. Press on the Settings icon next to Weather.
- From the Temperature Unit section, press on the Units and select the unit.
- Now, sync your device.
- Open the Weather app on the device, and check the updated units.
Frequently Asked Questions on Fitbit Versa
1. Does Fitbit versa 2 sync automatically?
When the Fitbit device is nearby, it syncs automatically each time user opens the Fitbit mobile app. Moreover, if the user turns on the “All-Day Sync” option, it syncs with the app periodically. To do so-
- Open Fitbit App.
- Click on the Account icon > Versatile.
- Finally, click on the ALL-Day Sync.
2. Why didn’t my Fitbit track my workout?
It might be a sync issue with your Fitbit device for not tracking your workout. So, sync your watch properly with the Fitbit app.
3. How to fix my Fitbit Versa hourly activity?
Follow all the troubleshooting steps to resolve any kind of syncing issues. However, the probable reasons for the hourly activity not syncing are-
- Bugs in update
Now to resolve this issue-
- First, make sure your device is compatible with Fitbit versa.
- Second, to solve the bugs, you need to wait for the next update or contact customer service to get a solution.
4. Which Android devices have an issue while syncing?
If your device’s Android version is older than 10 then it turns incompatible with syncing with Fitbit Versa. Moreover, there are some specific devices with which you may face this issue even if their android version is higher than 10. These devices are-
- Huawei P8 Lite
- Huawei P9 Lite
- Xiaomi Mi 6
- Huawei P20 Lite
5. Why Fitbit Versa 2 is not tracking my sleep data?
Do you sleep wearing your versa device? And after waking up, do you find that your watch didn’t track your sleep data? There are 2 possibilities for such an error. Either your sleeping position prevents the watch from reading your heart rate consistently, or you sleep less than 3 hours. Another reason is the low battery. To fix this issue-
- Check battery is charged enough.
- Wear the watch higher (2-3 fingers widths) on the wrist bone.
- Always use the silicon watch strap for a good fit.
- Wear your device to bed (avoid using the “Begin Sleep Now” option in the app.
Now it should work.
Hopefully, you know why your Fitbit Versa 2 is not syncing. We have provided all the necessary information that you should know to fix this error. Let us know about your fixing process.
Moreover, if you have any other issues with syncing, contact us. We are here to provide you with the exact solution to troubleshoot your device.
1 thought on “Fitbit Versa 2 Not Syncing”
hi my watch forbit versa 2 is not turning on . I reseted it because it wasn’t syncing, but now it only shows the forbit blue logo and letering in different language