People nowadays use electric dishwashing machines to wash their dishes. This home appliance makes dishwashing simpler and more convenient.
However, because it is an electric automated machine, many technical difficulties and errors may occur when using it. People frequently inquire why the Frigidaire dishwasher lights flashing but won’t start.
They also report about the machine abruptly stopping on its own, error indicator lights flashing, the machine not starting, various types of error codes appearing, and so on. If you are experiencing similar kinds of issues, keep reading to learn about numerous possible solutions.
The error indicator lights on the Frigidaire dishwashing machine are blinking either due to a few technical reasons or a mistake in operating the machine.
As a result, the machine will not start.
These are the reasons:
- the door isn’t properly closed
- door latch fault
- control panel error
- main controlling board fault
- the previous cycle didn’t complete properly
- water heating mechanism fault
- and inaccurate water temperature
Aside from these, the control panel shows different error codes that indicate different kinds of issues.
More Troubleshooting Guide on Dishwasher:
The Frigidaire dishwashing machine is an automated electric machine that washes the oil strains and food residues from the dishes all by itself without human interruption.
In the field of dishwashing machines, Frigidaire dishwashing machines are one of the most commonly used home appliances throughout the world.
Frigidaire Dishwasher Lights Flashing but Won’t Start
Due to its electrical functionalism, it often encounters many errors.
Most common errors, which is why Frigidaire dishwasher all three lights blinking together, are explained below with possible fixes-
1. The Door Isn’t Properly Closed
If the dishwashing machine door is not closed correctly after putting the dishes into it, the error indicates the lights will blink. In this situation, the selected action will not start.
- Check if the door is properly closed before selecting an action.
- Check if anything is blocking the door of the machine.
- Remove the object if it is blocking the door.
2. Door Latch Defect
When you close the machine’s door after entering the dishes, the latch of the door takes the signal of closing the door and sends it to the main control board.
The control board will implement the selected actions after the signal of the closing door is properly sent by the door latch.
Now, if any defect occurs in the door latch, it can’t send the signal to the control board.
As a result, an error indicating lights will blink, and the selected action will not start.
- If any wire is disconnected in the door latching system, connect the wire.
- If it is not possible to fix the door latch problem by yourself or if the door latch system is broken, then replace the door latching system with a new one.
3. Control Panel Error
It is the most likely event of a defect in the control panel of the dishwasher. Defects in the control panel actually mean that there are problems in the touchpad or parts of it or defects in the buttons.
For these reasons, the proper functioning of the control panel may be prevented. This can also be another possible reason for the flashing error indicating lights.
- Check the electrical wires’ connectivity with a multimeter.
- Check all the buttons on the control panel by clicking them.
- After checking, if it is possible for you to fix the control panel by yourself, then fix it.
- If it’s impossible to fix, you may need to replace the control panel or touchpad.
- But before you replace it, you must try all the possibilities to fix it because installing a new control panel is going to be a costly choice.
4. Fault in the Main Controlling Board
Due to irregular electricity passing within the control board, short circuits in the control board are a common incident. If any such event occurs, the error indicating lights may also blink for no reason.
- If you detect a problem in the main controlling board of the machine, then you are left with only one fix. That is, you must change the controlling board and install a new controlling board.
5. Previous Incomplete Cycle
If you bring out the dishes before the completion of the full cycle, the cycle remains incomplete.
After that, whenever you select another action cycle, the Frigidaire dishwasher stops mid-cycle and the flashing lights continue to blink due to the previous cycle not being completed.
- If you find out that the machine has been forcefully stopped in the middle of the cycle, then you should unplug the main electrical switch, bring out the dishes from the machine, plug the switch in after 3 to 4 minutes, and then again start the machine by clicking the main switch.
6. Error in Water Heating Mechanism
A dishwasher machine washes the dishes at a certain water temperature. That is why a water heater mechanism is needed.
If any incident occurs in the water heating mechanism, like displacement of the water heating coil or damaged heating coil, then water doesn’t heap up enough to run the action. In this situation, the error indicating lights also flash.
- If the coil is disconnected, properly place the coil in the system.
- Check the electrical connectors properly.
- If it is still possible to fix the connectivity, then connect the electrical connectors if they are disconnected.
- If it becomes impossible to fix the water heater mechanism, then you must change it and install a new one.
7. Inaccurate Water Temperature
The dishwashing machine generates a certain level of heated water to wash the dishes.
It has its own measurement and mechanism to generate hot water. Due to the faulty water heating system, the machine can’t generate the accurate temperature of the water.
As a result, the Frigidaire dishwasher’s blue light flashing is also a common incident.
- If you can detect the inaccurate water temperature, then there is definitely an issue with the water heating system. In such a type of situation, you should check the water heating system.
- You should try to fix the water heating system.
- You must change the water heater only if it is impossible to fix.
General Troubleshooting Regardless of the Types of Problems
You can only follow the abovementioned fixes when you can detect the particular parts of the machine where the issue is occurring or when the machine is displaying the error light code indicating the particular problem.
In case the Frigidaire dishwasher light codes are not being shown or you can’t detect a problem occurring in particular parts of the machine, then you must go for the general troubleshooting methods.
This troubleshooting can be an effective solution regardless of the types of problems.
To practice general troubleshooting, perform a basic reset on the machine. To do this, you must follow some steps.
- Unplug the machine’s electric switch.
- Bring out the dishes from the machine if there are any.
- Wait for 3 to 4 minutes.
- After that, plug the switch into electricity again.
- Switch on the machine.
- And finally, select another cleaning action cycle.
Why is my dishwasher blinking and not starting?
ANS: Your dishwashing machine’s error indicating lights are blinking because your machine is experiencing either one of these issues; the door isn’t properly closed; door latch fault; control panel error; main controlling board fault; previous cycle didn’t complete properly; water heating mechanism fault; and inaccurate water temperature.
How do you reset a Frigidaire dishwasher without disconnecting power?
ANS: If your Frigidaire dishwashing machines’ error indicates lights are blinking, to perform a reset without disconnecting the power, you hold down the “cancel” button for at least 3 seconds. Then the machine will be stopped. After 3 to 4 minutes, again click the power button to start the machine.
If your inquiry is also about Frigidaire dishwasher lights flashing but won’t start, then you must know that it’s because of a few technical difficulties or misoperations of the machine.
Among many problems, a few commonly faced problems are door latch fault; control panel error; main controlling board fault; previous cycle didn’t complete properly; water heating mechanism fault; and inaccurate water temperature, etc. In most cases, exercising a basic reset may become effective in such situations.